If your Android device supports MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) and has a USB-C port, you will need:
- An adaptor like Samsung’s Multi-Port USB-C Adapter
- A HDMI cable
How to connect:
- Plug the USB-C adapter into your Android device’s USB-C port
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter’s HDMI port
- Plug another end of the HDMI cable into your TV’s available HDMI port
- Switch the source input of your TV to that HDMI port
- If you use a Samsung device, please exit DeX mode and switch back to
screen mirroringby swiping down from top of screen to open the Quick Panel and tapping on the DeX icon to switch it off.
Not sure whether your Android device supports MHL?
Visit http://www.mhltech.org/devices.aspx to check.
Not sure whether your TV has a HDMI port?
A HDMI port looks like this ↗︎, it can usually be found at the back or on the side of a TV and most modern TVs have multiple HDMI ports. If you are not sure, please check your TV product manual or your TV manufacturer's website.